Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2023, 04:19 PM   #1
jazzhands
jazzhands began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Log of items deleted using the REMOVE BOOKS → REMOVE MATCHING BOOKS FROM DEVICE

tldr: is there a log that shows titles recently deleted (via Calibre) from my kindle?

Hi!

I accidentally deleted quite a few books from my Kindle by right-clicking on them and selecting this from the drop-down menu:

Remove books
→ Remove selected books from device

I had an idea that I was going to re-add them to my Kindle after deleting them, but the sort order wasn't preserved once the books were off the device.

I doubt there's any way to recover the books on the kindle itself, but I would love to know if there's a log I can view to see the titles I recently deleted.
jazzhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 09:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isnt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2023, 04:14 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can sort by On Device column when Kindle is connected and see which ebooks are not on the Kindle.

If you click /tap on Modified or Title or whatever and have order you want (reverse the order by a 2nd click), then if you click on On Device the ones not loaded on Kindle will be sorted by previous sort.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 12:14 AM   #4
jazzhands
jazzhands began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You can sort by On Device column when Kindle is connected and see which ebooks are not on the Kindle.

If you click /tap on Modified or Title or whatever and have order you want (reverse the order by a 2nd click), then if you click on On Device the ones not loaded on Kindle will be sorted by previous sort.
I don't keep all my books on my kindle, so this doesn't help.
jazzhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 09:07 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhands View Post
I don't keep all my books on my kindle, so this doesn't help.
Connect Kindle.

If they are all on Calibre,
then you can sort all by any of Title, Author, Date Added to Calibre, date modified, collections etc, then sort by On Device to see the missing ones (NOT on the Kindle in any of those sort orders.

I can't see how that doesn't help.
Advert
Old 12-03-2023, 05:57 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I can't see how that doesn't help.
As an example, the OP has 8,000 ebooks in calibre and only had 500 on the Kindle before inadvertently deleting 200 of them. So now calibre would show 7,700 ebooks as not being on the Kindle. This would not be much of a help.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:21 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhands View Post
tldr: is there a log that shows titles recently deleted (via Calibre) from my kindle?

Hi!

I accidentally deleted quite a few books from my Kindle by right-clicking on them and selecting this from the drop-down menu:

Remove books
→ Remove selected books from device

I had an idea that I was going to re-add them to my Kindle after deleting them, but the sort order wasn't preserved once the books were off the device.

I doubt there's any way to recover the books on the kindle itself, but I would love to know if there's a log I can view to see the titles I recently deleted.
There's nothing you can do other the guess what eBooks those were. Do you keep track of what you've read so you can at least send eBooks you've not read to your Kindle?

I know this won't help now, but it could help in the future. Install the Reading List plugin and create a custom Y/N column to show eBooks on your Kindle. The Reading List plugin can read the eBooks on your Kindle and adjust this column. This way it will mark the eBooks that ar eon your Kindle and unmark any you've removed since the last time you've plugged in your Kindle.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-03-2023 at 06:31 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:24 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As an example, the OP has 8,000 ebooks in calibre and only had 500 on the Kindle before inadvertently deleting 200 of them. So now calibre would show 7,700 ebooks as not being on the Kindle. This would not be much of a help.
I agree, not much help, but at least better than nothing. Date added might help.
Old 12-05-2023, 11:47 PM   #9
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
In my library, I have a enumerated 'kobostatus' column, which is manually populated when I put a book on the device. Then I use SmartEject to check for mismatches between that column and ondevice.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote