Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
BartM
BartM began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Calibre doesn't see my Kobo Clara HD ereader anymore

Hi,
I have always used Calibre for my Kobo Clara HD ereader, but when I start Calibre it makes no connection anymore with my ereader. I don't know why. The strange thing is that my Windows Explorer sees my Kobo normally.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
BartM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
BartM

I think the problem is in the plugin, because I can't see a plug in, and I thought I had installed a plugin for Kobo in the past and I remember something I had to turn off ???. But I can't see the plugins which were turned off. Maybe because I press the Welcome Wizard again and selected my device. But it still doesn't work.

Also when I go to Preferences > Miscellaneous > Get information to setup the user defined device, it gives no information

Last edited by BartM; 10-25-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #4
BartM

Although I don't have a Kobo Touch (but a Kobo Clara HD), I now have installed the Kobo TouchExtended plugin and that will do the trick. Sorry for bothering you. Thanks for your help!

I see the standard Kobo Touch plugin now is disabled (I think by the new plugin). Maybe the standard plugin does not work properly, although it should support my Kobo Clara HD.

Last edited by BartM; 10-25-2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
The standard plugin definitely supports the Touch.

By any chance did you upgrade calibre from the 4.x to 5.x series without having updated plugins? If so, it's likely that on calibre 4.x you had disabled the standard driver and installed the extended, but the version of the extended plugin you had installed was NOT compatible with calibre 5.x and was not activated. So because you had disabled the standard driver there was no driver available for Kobo devices.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Check Preferences: Ignore devices
Somehow My Aura2 ended up there.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:40 PM   #7
BartM

I think the problem was indeed the update of Calibre. But this update didn't deactivate the TouchExtended plugin, because I noticed I had no plugins anymore and I remembered I had one in the past. Probably because it was not updated as well (as you suggests) and the standard plugin was deactivated in the past (because of the TouchExtended plugin), so I had no activated Kobo plugin anymore (that was the part I couldnt find).
Because of your reply, I did deactivate the TouchExtended plugin and activated the original (because now I saw it, because it was above the TouchExtended plugin).
So thank you very much, you helped me find my problem! And now it is even better (I think) because I am back to the original instead of the ExtendedTouch plugin (what obviously also worked for my Clara :-)

Again, thank you very much, because Calibre works great again (and I understand what went wrong)!
Old 03-09-2021, 07:55 PM   #8
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif Ignore device.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote