Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-22-2022, 05:41 PM   #1
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Pocketbook color (633) really slow with comic mags

Hi,

I just bought this e-reader as it was quite discounted and on a "whim".
I then bought/downloaded a cheap 24 page colour comic magazine off Google Books to test how it was to read colour mags. The downloaded mag is in .pdf and renders OK. However, it takes about 20 seconds from hitting page turn until the page actually turns. Is this normal?
Anyone with experience on this? I did a search and found that one user stated it was "slooow" but did not state whether for comic or in general.
It is generally slower than my Kindle 3 (keyboard) on loading books and going through menus but once a book is loaded, ordinary text books seems normal on page turns.

On a general note, I find it fairly useless for multiple "frames" comics (way too small text bubbles), but it functions well where there are only one "frame" per page.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote