Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-27-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
New: PocketBook Color (PB 633)

There is a new model PocketBook Color, the first ereader with E-Ink Kaleido screen from PocketBook. And it's the first such device in Europe as well. 6 inches screen with 4096 colours: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/2...orowym-ekranem
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yeah, we know, we've been talking about it for several months now.

I should have one soon.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yeah, we know, we've been talking about it for several months now.

I should have one soon.
You can't have one if you don't have enough for everyone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:57 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

300DPI gray and 100DPI color. Blah!
Old 07-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
When it's officially launched, i.e. visible at http://pocketbook-int.com/ or other official confirmation with specs and pricing, please do post in the News forum, and I'll put it on the front page. At the moment there seems to be a lot of leaked info but nothing official.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #6
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
When it's officially launched, i.e. visible at http://pocketbook-int.com/ or other official confirmation with specs and pricing, please do post in the News forum, and I'll put it on the front page. At the moment there seems to be a lot of leaked info but nothing official.
It is official, that's why I started this thread. I've got official press information, specifications and visualizations from PocketBook. The official Polish PocketBook's reseller started preorders today (https://czytio.pl/czytniki-ebookow/4...book-color-633). They will send devices starting from Friday, July 31st.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
It is official, that's why I started this thread. I've got official press information, specifications and visualizations from PocketBook. The official Polish PocketBook's reseller started preorders today (https://czytio.pl/czytniki-ebookow/4...book-color-633). They will send devices starting from Friday, July 31st.
Here's the Polish page translated to English.

https://translate.google.com/transla...book-color-633
Old 07-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I regretted not getting the original colour ereader from PocketBook when it was being sold. I'll try to not make that same mistake again with this new model.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:35 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It had a terrible screen. You lucked out.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I know all about it but I still want it, even with the reportedly slow CPU in it. It was a unique device, making it more of a collector's piece for me. In the same way, I'm sorry I never bought either version of the PocketBook 360 (5" display with clamshell case) either.

Anyway, if the new colour ereader works well, I'll get over my regret in not buying the older one.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:17 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here's the Polish page translated to English.

https://translate.google.com/transla...book-color-633
It looks like it's the same size and weight (same case) as the other current 6" PocketBooks, and it manages to get a 1900 mAh battery inside. Pretty impressive.

I'm not in the market for one, but this eReader looks like it has potential to sell well.

EDIT: I hope "backlight" is a mistranslation.

Last edited by rcentros; 07-27-2020 at 11:19 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:11 AM   #12
Cyfranek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post

EDIT: I hope "backlight" is a mistranslation.
No, they use "backlight" in Polish as an official translation for "frontlight" unfortunately.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:40 AM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I know all about it but I still want it, even with the reportedly slow CPU in it. It was a unique device, making it more of a collector's piece for me. In the same way, I'm sorry I never bought either version of the PocketBook 360 (5" display with clamshell case) either.

Anyway, if the new colour ereader works well, I'll get over my regret in not buying the older one.
I know what you mean. I feel the same way about Onyx's E-ink smartphone. Oh, and I had to haunt Ebay in order to buy a Spring Design Alex.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I know what you mean. I feel the same way about Onyx's E-ink smartphone. Oh, and I had to haunt Ebay in order to buy a Spring Design Alex.
I also deeply regret not getting a Sony Librie that one time I found it on Ebay.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #15
hardy81
hardy81 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
This is a very interesting device. But I'm a little bit hesitant because they have this proprietary software apparently on the device, which I guess must be used. Currently I have a Likebook Mars, which I manage with Calibre from a PC, via a wireless connection (WLAN). On the Mars the library is then available in Calibre Companion.

Can this device be managed with Calibre, which contains my very large collection? I don't wish to have to use a manufactured app for this purpose.

Apparently it also doesn't run Android but Linux?? How do you add apps to it, without Google Play?

I wonder if there is an 8 inch version coming soon... would rather have that.
hardy81 is offline   Reply With Quote