Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-28-2024, 06:04 AM   #1
PaleShadow
PaleShadow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Help please - set up archive

I want to divide my Calibre Library into two an 'Archive' library and the rest - call it 'Main'. I am sure I should be able to do this using Virtual Libraray but can't work out how. Something to do with tags I suspect. Any kind soul care to offer some guidance?
PaleShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 07:40 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I prefer to reserve the standard tags/Tags column for content descriptors (fantasy, sci-fi, historical, biography etc).

I have a custom column for this sort of thing -- #admin_tags/Admin tags. So, I could add 'archive' to the #admin_tags column as needed, and have an Archive VL that used the search term #admin_tags:"archive" and a Main VL that used the search term not #admin_tags:"archive".

Or I could use a Y/N custom column called #archive/Archive and base the VL's on it.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-28-2024 at 07:43 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2024, 09:22 AM   #3
PaleShadow
PaleShadow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks. Added an archive column and based the VL's on yes/no there.
PaleShadow is offline   Reply With Quote