Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-02-2020, 11:05 PM   #1
lee.hauser
lee.hauser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Likebook Mars and Moon+ Reader

I got a new Mars for Christmas, and am have some questions about it and ebook software.

I'm happy with the device (replacing my Kindle Paperwhite), but I don't understand the lighting system. When I have have the light on it seems very bright. I can adjust color temperature with the day/night switch in the pulldown menu and with Boyue's add-on software, but adjusting the brightness from the menu seems to make no difference at all: brightness level 1 is just as bright as level 24. Is this a defect in the device or the way it's supposed to work? What am I missing?

My second question has to do with Moon+. I have the pro version, and again, I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm having some difficulties with setting up controls. The Mars touchscreen is sometimes very sensitive, and it seems like coming even close to the screen with a finger turns the pages forward or back. But when I try to adjust the tap settings, the frontlight turns off, and I can't see the various tap settings along the bottom of the screen. I think I have to scroll between them, but if I try to select one, I never seem to get the set of tap controls I expect, and half the time the row at the bottom neither moves nor allows me to select.

There are so many options for Moon+ and essentially no documentation. Is there a guide I'm missing? I see there are a lot of options...is there a guide somewhere? Again, what am I missing with Moon+ on the Mars?
lee.hauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:25 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee.hauser View Post
but I don't understand the lighting system. When I have have the light on it seems very bright. I can adjust color temperature with the day/night switch in the pulldown menu and with Boyue's add-on software, but adjusting the brightness from the menu seems to make no difference at all: brightness level 1 is just as bright as level 24. Is this a defect in the device or the way it's supposed to work? What am I missing?
When you have installed the app you only can change with the app - not with pull dows menu.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
lee.hauser
lee.hauser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
When you have installed the app you only can change with the app - not with pull dows menu.
Ok, that's kind of a strange design decision. But you're right, I uninstalled the app and have brightness control via the pulldown menu again. Thanks!
lee.hauser is offline   Reply With Quote