Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
blueskiesoki
blueskiesoki began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Lightbulb Likebook Mars - What are your favorite apps for this Reader?

I have recently gotten a Likebook Mars.
So far, I have replaced the launcher with Simple Ink Launcher 1.2 from here

I am using the following apps:
  • Moon Reader Pro as the main book reader.
  • Read for Android here
  • Firefox web browser 68 with addons:
    Font Contrast 1.5.3 , Theme Font & Size Changer 62.0 , and uBlock Origin 1.22.4
  • Overdrive
  • PressReader
  • Sudoku from fdroid here
  • Solitaire from fdroid here
  • Puzzles from fdroid here
  • Writer Plus 1.48 from apkmirror here
  • ES File Manager 4.0.4

Does Anyone have any other suggestions?
Also has anyone changed the screensaver? I think it is just a matter of replacing /system/media/standby.png with a compatible 1404x1872 png file?
If anyone has done this, would you share your images?

Thanks
blueskiesoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #2
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Never heard of that launcher before that's cool.

I would swap to solid explorer or similar (I use root explorer) as ES does some shady stuff with their data collection. But if you almost never use wifi it's prob fine.

For the screensaver I just modified the stock boat one to say if found call this number #. Here is the logo I cutout if you want to stick it in one you make though. Just make sure its the same color palette as the stock photo.
Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cutout fixed 2.png
Views:	439
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	174241  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #3
Jinz
Connoisseur
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Thank you for this very useful list!

Now my innocent question, I've got the Mars for a week noew and don't quite understand why ppl use alternative reading apps. The standard one seems to be quite excellent? I have tried Moon Reader and it seems to be slow and not really optimized for E-Ink.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #4
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
Thank you for this very useful list!

Now my innocent question, I've got the Mars for a week noew and don't quite understand why ppl use alternative reading apps. The standard one seems to be quite excellent? I have tried Moon Reader and it seems to be slow and not really optimized for E-Ink.
The stock reader is fine if it's what you're looking for, I personally read inverted as it's better for my vision and I can mix the glow lights on Moonplus as seen here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314547 . I also have turned off all animations in the app as well as changing settings in the app optimization menu in the Boyue Launcher. I use regal refresh on and the frame rate lower too Ill attach a pic showing my settings. I also lower the dpi to make the app have a smaller UI as the items on screen are a waste of some of the space some times. Basically I made it look exactly like it is on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200108_142117.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	176251  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #5
wanderson
wanderson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11 & Likebook Mars
KOReader on Mars

The latest version of KOReader is simply fantastic for the Mars. The way I installed it followed advice from somewhere else in this forum (sorry I don't have the reference):
  1. Install KOReader from the Boyue app store.
  2. Install the latest KOReader from koreader.rocks for ARM Android (i.e. the ARM .apk)
IMO, KOReader is both the most faithful and most flexible ePub renderer, and the interface has gotten much less "clunky" since 2015, for sure.
wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2020, 04:50 PM   #6
jnieland
jnieland began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Boox Leaf 2, Boox Note Air2 Plus
Or install Fdroid and install KOReader from there
jnieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:09 AM   #7
Arttu
Arttu began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Simple Ink Launcher is just what I've been looking for, thanks!

-Naked Browser LTS

-Firefox, just for the Page up and down scroll buttons- add-on. I'm a dumbphoner, I hate swipe-scrolling.

-Swiftkey keyboard. The Boyue launcher tries to switch back to theirs every time you switch apps or hibernate. But if you have it running in the background and go open/switch the keyboard in Swiftkey when necessary, then go straight back to the app you need it in, it works. Flow typing, so many fewer typos, and arrow keys make it worthwhile. Looks like Simple Ink lets you keep your choice switching apps, but forces AOSP every time it wakes back up.

-Notepad
Arttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:47 PM   #8
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Has anyone found a good pdf app for this?

Closest I've found is Orion Viewer. Given the size of the LBM, I need to be able to set a reasonable default zoom, but OV doesn't allow a default zoom larger than fit-to-page.

Due to coordination issues, can't use KOReader, a lot of trouble with swipes.

Due to coordination and visual issues, need to avoid any animated zooming, panning, smooth scrolling, etc.

The built-in app works for epubs, but has trouble navigating the libraries which calibre companion, onebookshelf, etc. create.

Last edited by MarjaE; 12-09-2020 at 12:00 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #9
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Has anyone found a good pdf app for this?

Closest I've found is Orion Viewer. Given the size of the LBM, I need to be able to set a reasonable default zoom, but OV doesn't allow a default zoom larger than fit-to-page.

Due to coordination issues, can't use KOReader, a lot of trouble with swipes.

Due to coordination and visual issues, need to avoid any animated zooming, panning, smooth scrolling, etc.

The built-in app works for epubs, but has trouble navigating the libraries which calibre companion, onebookshelf, etc. create.

Hello Marja,
I tried a few ones, but so far the best one I found (or at least the one that suits me better) is Xodo docs. Give it a try and let me know...
Thanks
Seby
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:13 PM   #10
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Xodo wouldn't let me turn the page. I set it to allow tapping to turn the page, because the Likebook lacks buttons. It still wouldn't let me turn the page, then decided to zoom, then announced it was saving edits. I hadn't done anything to edit the pdf and don't know what Xodo did.

The Boyue pdf viewer actually supports the page split and traversal features I was looking for, though it has trouble with transparency. Orion supports page split and traversal if not as easily, and is better at dealing with transparency.

Last edited by MarjaE; 12-10-2020 at 11:15 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps screensavers