Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
yesno
yesno began at the beginning.

Device: iPad; iPhone
Bulk conversion of CBR to PDF doesn't work right since "Comic Input" is missing

The only way I've found to convert CBR files to PDF the way I want--with no image processing, with the PDF output pages just the exact size of the input images, color, etc etc is:

Convert Individually

Comic Input: Diable comic processing, disable conversion of images to black. & white

PDF output: Use the paper size set in output profile

But, I can't do this except one at a time, since there is no "Comic input" option when I choose bulk convert.

My goal is to transform a folder of CBR children's books to PDF, where the resulting PDF is visually indistinguishable from the CBR, not monkeyed with. I have found that when this works right the output PDF is about the same file size as the input CBR. Simply leaving the files as CBR is not an option.

If anyone has any advice on how to accomplish this conversion in bulk, I'd love to hear it.
yesno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set it in Preferences->Input options->Comic Input

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...for-conversion
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert