Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2020, 08:19 AM   #1
jonnydeath
jonnydeath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Serial Jailbreak Sadface 5.12.5

sorry if this is a double post, my last one didn't seem to be accepted.

I got refurb voyage (love it) and like a dummy updated to 5.12.5
I did the serial jailbreak and it seemed to work.
I cannot install KUAL. When I reboot I get a ">5.12.X " at the bottom of the screen.
This new version shows a error dialog if you place an invalid update.bin in the root of the directory. Thus keeping me from running the hotfix.

emergency_bridge.sh will run on reboot (;log commands do not work), so I think it is jailbroken. I edited emergency_bridge.sh to manually run MRPI. I see the "hush little baby" and the box background, but then it quits and does not install kual or screensavers.

Any ideas?
jonnydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
MrTick
Enhtusiast
MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 DxG PW1 KV PW4
">5.12.X " message is just a warning, if you see it that means JB bridge is operational and you're almost home.
I think triggering mrpi with emergency.sh may be done too early thus failing at some point...

Try this:
1) use emergency.sh from this thread to restore log command:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3925865
2) restart kindle twice
3) put following packages in the mrinstaller folder:
All come from NiLuJe's snapshots thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?t=225030:
- K5 JailBreak Hotfix (just in case)
- KUAL (coplate)
- Mobileread Kindlet Kit (as far as I remember this should not be needed, but I had to reinstall it to get everything working on 12.5)
- any additional packages you need (screensavers/usbnetwork)
4) Use ;log mrpi or just ;mrpi to trigger installer when system is properly booted

Good luck!
MrTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
jonnydeath
jonnydeath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I followed your steps verbatim. It worked! It must have been the double-reboot that I was missing. I used the K5 file in the mkk archive. I needed ;mrpi not ;log mrpi too.

Thanks. Your clear directions will probably help lots of others.
jonnydeath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
serial jailbreak, voyage