Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 06-06-2024, 06:25 AM   #1
Butterfly1234
Enthusiast
Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara
Angry Why don't I see my Tolino in Calibre?

Hello everyone!

I bought the TOlino Shine Color this week, because I have a Kobo Clara, with which I'm not happy at all and because up to 6 years ago, I had a Tolino, which I loved.

I configured my Tolino yesterday, and put lots of my books on it and was very disappointed: my books from Pearl S. Buck for example got put in 2 folders: 1 for Pearl S. and one for Buck. I hate that! It is like that in the Kobo Clara also.

People tell me to change the name with "adapt meta" in Calibre, but I don't know how.

What do I do? Ask my money back for this Tolino? Take a course on how to work with Calibre?
I changed the names of the books of Pearl S. Buck in Calibre, but where do the adapted books go? And why don't I see my Tolino in Calibre while it is connected to my PC?

I'm really desparate for help and advice.
Butterfly1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 06:55 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I'm not familiar with Tolinos, but first, what version of Calibre do you have on your PC? And when you connect your Tolino to your PC, can you see it in the Explorer (i.e. can your computer see your Tolino)?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2024, 07:06 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1234 View Post
Hello everyone!

I bought the TOlino Shine Color this week, because I have a Kobo Clara, with which I'm not happy at all and because up to 6 years ago, I had a Tolino, which I loved.

I configured my Tolino yesterday, and put lots of my books on it and was very disappointed: my books from Pearl S. Buck for example got put in 2 folders: 1 for Pearl S. and one for Buck. I hate that! It is like that in the Kobo Clara also.

People tell me to change the name with "adapt meta" in Calibre, but I don't know how.

What do I do? Ask my money back for this Tolino? Take a course on how to work with Calibre?
I changed the names of the books of Pearl S. Buck in Calibre, but where do the adapted books go? And why don't I see my Tolino in Calibre while it is connected to my PC?

I'm really desparate for help and advice.
What OS are you using and what version of calibre?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 05:34 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1234 View Post
At a wild-eyed guess, you are sending the author name to your Tolino as Buck, Pearl S. which would be seen as two authors with the comma separator. In calibre, make sure the author shows as Pearl S. Buck and not the author sort of Buck, Pearl S. If you really want to see the author's with last name first, make the author_sort column visible and hide the author column. See the attached image for the custom column I use.

Edit: Once you have changed the metadata (I'd suggest using the Quality Check plugin to swap the author names), you will need to resend the books with the corrected metadata since Kobo and apparently, Tolino, obtain the author name from the metadata in the ePub file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-06 143622.png
Views:	20
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	208727  

Last edited by DNSB; 06-06-2024 at 05:40 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 05:44 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
And not sure why you have the thread title of "Why don't I see my Tolino in Calibre?"

This may run into which version of calibre you have since calibre needs an update that knows about the Tolino Shine Colour device.

If calibre is up to date (currently 7.12) and it does not see your Tolino Shine Colour properly, see the My device is not detected by calibre for the procedure to follow.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert