Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Today, 01:00 AM   #1
viridis
viridis began at the beginning.

Device: GL4
Question Got a Glowlight 4 for my Birthday, What Do I Need to Know?

Hi everyone! First post, long time lurker. I was given a GL4 for my birthday. I have owned other e-readers in the past (Libra 2, Clara HD), one being lost recently 2 weeks ago, and the other croaking. Turns out this was the perfect time to get a new reader. Anyhow, I have never owned something form BN so I want to know what I am getting into here. For one:

I do not care about speed or the ecosystem. I have come to terms that the snappiness of e-readers have never changed my mood about a device. If it takes a second or two to do something, no big deal to me. As far as ecosystem goes, I only bought maybe 3-4 books on the Kobo sites, while the rest were purchased and sideloaded. This will be the same on the GL4.

The screen is really nice, and the warm lighting is amazing! The feel is nice on the hands, and the page turn buttons are a nice touch. My question to you all is how is the build quality on these Nooks? I know they have been around for a while and wanted some long term reviews on these things. Thanks in advance.
viridis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The hardware and build quality of Nooks is generally very good. It's their software that's lacking, but if you're not fussy, you might not mind that.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:43 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The hardware and build quality of Nooks is generally very good. It's their software that's lacking, but if you're not fussy, you might not mind that.
Or, as long as your not anal retentive about reading settings, you will like it.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote