Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 06:17 AM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Download and Transfer via USB no longer available

So Amazon has finally removed the ability to download a book from the MYK page? I'm pretty miffed by this.

I just did this last week. I can't believe they would remove it. I know we speculated it could happen but....Wow...It happened.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Blossom, I see it at my MYK page. I don't have any proper device, so it doesn't find any right destination, but the option is there.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2017, 06:23 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Blossom, I see it at my MYK page. I don't have any proper device, so it doesn't find any right destination, but the option is there.
Not on mine it isn't.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170227-051621.png
Views:	620
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	155339  
Old 02-27-2017, 06:32 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Talking to Kindle Support. I'm being told it should be there. They are having me to do basic clean cache stuff. I'm thinking it's a glitch or maintenance. I have over 12000 books on this account. I'm just relieved it's not gone for others. Tried other browsers, devices it's something on their end.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 02-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Recently they added ability to view content on a given device (which as it happens is not accurate for all of my devices). Perhaps there was some regression at that time with 'large' libraries.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
The option is still there for me.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Tried other browsers, devices it's something on their end.
Have the other you tried all been mobile devices like in your screenshot or have you also tried a PC? Wondering if it could have something to do with the site reading the user agent as mobile and then not giving the download option.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Blossom You Do Have it! Click in OTHER in the Drop Down Menu in your pic that Gives you the Option to Pick which Device you want to DL to!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #9
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Blossom You Do Have it! Click in OTHER in the Drop Down Menu in your pic that Gives you the Option to Pick which Device you want to DL to!
Unless they shifted something on Blossom's end, going to other, the link next to deliver to default device does not give me the USB download either. it just lists all the gazillion of devices I have.

But I still have the download USB just where its been, the 3rd item down. Right below delete. If Blossom's "other" looks like mine, there is no option in there for usb.

Hope you can figure out why you aren't seeing the link anymore.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #10
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Wondering if it could have something to do with the site reading the user agent as mobile and then not giving the download option.
I think that this is likely the case. I see the download link in Chrome on a PC, but not in Safari on an iPad.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I downloaded two today. If they actually did stop the option I would have to buy my books from Kobo

Edited to say I don't have the option on an iPad or android device, but I did earlier on a Mac.

Last edited by Josieb1; 02-27-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #12
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
On my android phone, when I turned on "request desktop site" I get a download link, but not when I leave the setting on mobile.

[/Panic mode]
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Have the other you tried all been mobile devices like in your screenshot or have you also tried a PC? Wondering if it could have something to do with the site reading the user agent as mobile and then not giving the download option.
Yes I thought I made that part clear. It was all devices. It was on their end. They sent me a follow up and it's back now.

Sent from my XT1528