Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-25-2017, 02:25 AM   #1
Lassox
Lassox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Convert EPUB to DOCX [Change Default Margins]

Hi Everyone!

I have been stuck at this for hours now so any help would be much appreciated!

I'm trying to change the default page margins when converting to DOCX to something else than 72 pt. I have tried doing this by going to Preferences -> Common Options -> Page Setup -> and changed the values under Margins. This only seems to affect the default settings for any other output format than DOCX. I have tried restarting, reinstalling and using different epubs but the default settings stay the same.

Please help!
Lassox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to make th changes in the conversion dialog as other wise the previously used settings take precedence. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...for-conversion
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
mfm-ca
Enthusiast
mfm-ca began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I would like to revisit this issue rather than submit a duplicate thread. Just to restate the OP's issue in my experience with Calibre 2.82:

Converting to any file format other than DOCX uses the margins set in the Preferences as a starting point. As noted, if the margins are manually changed during a conversion, those changes will be retained if a conversion is performed again (per book basis).

Converting to DOCX appears to bypass the margins set in the Preferences, and 72.0 pt is set for all margins as a starting point. This occurs for both individual book conversions and bulk conversions.
mfm-ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, and they can be overriden in the individual conversion dialog. This is because the DOCX plugin overrides the margins from the default settings as the margins that are suitable for most formats are not suitable for docx.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote