Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Kobo does not remember place

I bought a used Kobo Wireless from one of those Goodwill sales. It works fine, but does not remember what page it's on when I leave the book. It's been fully charged and still does that. These are books downloaded directly from Kobo and not sideloaded.

Is there some setting that I'm missing? I've tried this on 6 different books. There doesn't appear to be a way to bookmark either. Did I buy a lemon?
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Maybe a lemon or maybe needs a reset or factory restore to sort out database corruption.
If it is letting you download and read books from the store, without losing pages or chapters, then it has the basic ability to write and save files ok, so it is probably fixable. But wait for an expert to come along here unless there is an obvious how to on kobo support pages. You may need to hook it up to a pc to poke it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
This is definitely pointing to a corrupt database on the device. If you want to confirm that use calibre with the Kobo Utilities plugin installed and then do a check database with the plugin.

If it is corrupt the easiest way to fix it is to goto Settings | Accounts and do a logout. You will have to redo the setup but side loaded epubs will still be on the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I agree with Peter, and further to that the most common way to mess up your database is to disconnect the device from your computer without properly ejecting it first (not required for most USB things these days, but Kobo's are sensitive to it).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Thanks all. All is working now using your suggestions. When I first completed, I was running into a lockup, but complete power down and restart cleared that.

Strangely enough, the Kobo App does not work well with this older unit, but was able to redownload my library via wifi without a problem. While opening some example books to see that my problem was resolved, I discovered at least one book that comes up locked. Very strange. Not a problem since it's a quilting book and I need to read that on the computer anyway, but still puzzled as to why it would be locked. Maybe not compatible with this model.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert