Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
An interesting cookbook website

Has anyone seen the website eatyourbooks.com? It's an interesting idea. What they do is they index a ton of cookbooks, and then you add the ones you own to your bookshelf and you can search them (by title, ingredient etc.) They don't actually store or print the recipe, so you do need to actually own the books you say you have But it seems like a great way to make better use of your bookbook horde. Say, for example, that you were interested in trying a pad thai recipe. You could type in 'pad thai' and immediately see which books you own already that have recipes with this title. You can even compare ingredients and make a shopping list. And then you do have to go to the actual book to look it up

The only downside I have found to this site is the price. $25 a year or $50 for a 'lifetime' membership. I signed up for a free trial just to see what it was like and a lot of my books were not yet indexed, so I probably won't sign up. But I think it is a great concept!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
cookbooker.com does much the same. And it's free.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert