Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM   #1
mmc_meneses
Enthusiast
mmc_meneses doesn't littermmc_meneses doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
About sleep apks on Onyx Boox Note 2 Air

Hi good evening,

Just bought an used Onyx Boox Note 2 Air and my idea is to use it for taking notes at meetings, ebook reader, documents reading & music at home through bluetooth.

I have already installed some apk, spotify, Moon+ Reader (i think reader at the boox is slighly better), dropbox, drive, onedrive and WPS Office to access to documents.

My question comes from when i want to reproduce music through spotify using bluetooth.

The problem comes when i do not touch the screen of the boox and it goes into sleep mode and so the music stops...

Is there a way to avoid certain apks when in use not to go into sleep mode?

Thanks!!!
mmc_meneses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
There could be a couple of things going on here.
The first is whether the app uses a Wake Lock in the first place.
The second is you have to go to Apps & notifications > Special app access > Battery optimization > All apps > YourApp > Not optimized
(You can tell that they really want to make this accessible.)
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #3
mmc_meneses
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
There could be a couple of things going on here.
The first is whether the app uses a Wake Lock in the first place.
The second is you have to go to Apps & notifications > Special app access > Battery optimization > All apps > YourApp > Not optimized
(You can tell that they really want to make this accessible.)
The app i want not to go to sleep is spotify

I already have it with the not optimized feature for the battery usage... still go to sleep after 5 min not touch the screen, and so music stops

Any ideas?

Last edited by mmc_meneses; Today at 03:11 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wake locks can be tricky.
I have my own streamer for BBC World Service
Since I am just using MediaPlayer, I have to disable battery optimization, but I don't have to deal with wake locks myself since apparently MediaPlayer handles that already.

You can look at the AndroidManifest.xml in your app and see if they use any wake lock permissions.
OTOH, Android has changed a lot of permissions so that you have to request them dynamically.
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #5
mmc_meneses
Enthusiast

Quote:
Wake locks can be tricky.
I have my own streamer for BBC World Service
Since I am just using MediaPlayer, I have to disable battery optimization, but I don't have to deal with wake locks myself since apparently MediaPlayer handles that already.

You can look at the AndroidManifest.xml in your app and see if they use any wake lock permissions.
OTOH, Android has changed a lot of permissions so that you have to request them dynamically.
Where can I find AndroidManifest.xml ?

Thanks
Advert
Old Today, 05:01 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc_meneses View Post
Where can I find AndroidManifest.xml?
Are you rooted? Do you know where the apk is? Can you copy it to /sdcard and then adb pull it?
Then you can use binxml.exe (in my sig) to pretty print AndroidManifest.xml
Code:
C:\>binxml.exe spotify.apk > am.txt
Maybe it's the Bluetooth timing out. Have you tried with wired headphones as a test?
Old Today, 06:22 AM   #7
mmc_meneses
Enthusiast

Quote:
Are you rooted? Do you know where the apk is? Can you copy it to /sdcard and then adb pull it?
Then you can use binxml.exe (in my sig) to pretty print AndroidManifest.xml
Code:
C:\>binxml.exe spotify.apk > am.txt
Maybe it's the Bluetooth timing out. Have you tried with wired headphones as a test?
It doesn't have jack connection the onyx boox note 2 air...
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #8
mmc_meneses
Enthusiast

Ok i found the solution

Just under battery settings, the problem wasn't energy spotify settings, it bwas bluetooth that disconects when ebook sleeps, and if using any app that needs data you will have to do the same w the wifi settings and audio settings (for music)

Problem solved

Last edited by mmc_meneses; Today at 08:57 AM.