Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 01:28 AM   #1
meghane_e
Connoisseur
meghane_e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
MOBI to EPUBv2 or EPUBv3?

I have an older MOBI file that is converting to EPUB with content out of order.

The MOBI file is readable and flows correctly in the Calibre viewer. I've converted several other MOBI files that originate from the same time period to EPUB with no problem.

I figured out that converting using EPUB 3 worked. Is there a way to tell which format will work better beforehand, considering it's coming from a MOBI format?

Thanks!
meghane_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
unless you have a particular reason to prefer epub2 always use epub3. That said I cant think of a way in which epub2 vs epub3 would make a difference converting a MOBI file unless it was actually a KF8/azw3 file with EPUB 3 specific markup.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
mobi to epub