Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
Can't access Sony bookstore anymore.....

Hi!

Just uninstalled my Zonealarm for diffent reasons and tth intalled AVG 8.0 instead as my firewall and virus protection. Everything looks fine, except now I can't go to the Sony Bookstore anymore through my e-book library application.
Previously I always had to give my username and password first to access the store, but now it just goes directly to the Page Not available message and nothing I do there (including clicking on the link go to e-book home which worked fine before) gets me nowhere. Anyone knows what could be wrong? The message I get on the page in the e-book library application is "http error 0", doesn't say me much I'm afraid I should say I can still reach my own libraty, it is just the Sony e-book store that I can't get to.

Grateful for any help with this
Zevs
Zevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevs View Post
Just uninstalled my Zonealarm for diffent reasons and tth intalled AVG 8.0 instead as my firewall and virus protection. Everything looks fine, except now I can't go to the Sony Bookstore anymore through my e-book library application.
If you disable the AVG firewall does it work? I assume you have to create an exception in your firewall to allow the ebook software to make connections to remote machines.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Zevs
Book lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you disable the AVG firewall does it work? I assume you have to create an exception in your firewall to allow the ebook software to make connections to remote machines.

BOb
Hi! I looked through all the setting in the AVG and there was one called Web shield, and activating that part gave me back the Sony store again! So problem is solved. I guess I need to first deactivate that part when I want to buy some more books

Zevs
Old 05-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You should be able to set up a firewall exception for the Connect software to allow it to connect to the internet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
Zevs
Book lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You should be able to set up a firewall exception for the Connect software to allow it to connect to the internet.
Yes Harry, it seems though that this has been done, I got that question when I first started the e-book library after installing AVG, and then said to allow it, and it is set now to do that, I can see it should be allowed, but still this Web shield seems to hinder it for some reason. I guess I haven't figured out all the settings yet for AVG

Zevs
Advert