Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-18-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Seth H
Enthusiast
Seth H began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Problem with Import/Export

I have been using the import/export function of Calibre since it was introduced and it has always worked flawlessly. However whilst the Export works fine the Import has now developed a fault.

When the Import is finished I get an error message "Unable to build library at requested destination, choose another destination" Not the exact wording
but fairly close. However I am unable to choose a new destination. It appears to me (with very limited technical knowledge) that the import is trying to build a library at the export site. Despite the error message the library does build but with issues.

calibre, version 4.3.0
ERROR: Failed to create library: Failed to create calibre library at: u'/Users/svhills/Calibre/Main Library'.
You will be asked to choose a new library location.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 161, in get_library_path
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'/Users/svhills'

I am exporting from my library on a Mac running Catalina 10.5.2. I have attempted to import on to several windows computers. I reiterate that this process has worked flawlessly in the past.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Seth H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the import dialog specify a path for each library, somewhere inside your windows user account folders.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert