Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the photos, there is no light bleed. What there is is the plastic film that came with the Clara HD still on the screen. One the plastic film is removed, the screen will look very good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #32
tops2
tops2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3; Kobo Clara HD
I picked up mine from Walmart yesterday and the lighting (to my eyes) looks pretty even. I did a quick check for dead pixels and don't see any.

But I'm enjoying the Kobo instead of the old habit of looking for every flaw..

That said, my Clara did freeze once last night when I was downloading too many books/manga from the local library... lol.
tops2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
That said, my Clara did freeze once last night when I was downloading too many books/manga from the local library... lol.
How where you downloading them? Via the browser, or do you mean after sideloading them from the computer?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:53 PM   #34
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
It looks to me like there are dark areas at the bottom of the screen, like brown smudges, especially in the bottom right corner. Is that how it looks in real life or just something that happened with the camera? My Clara doesn't look like that.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:15 AM   #35
tops2
tops2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3; Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
How where you downloading them? Via the browser, or do you mean after sideloading them from the computer?
I was downloading it through the shop/overdrive app on the Kobo. I was directly checking out each book and it'll start downloading automatically for me. Weird thing is after the crash, I guess the Kobo didn't know I checked out one manga. Eventually when I tried force a manual sync, the Clara saw I had 2 additional books checked out (when the crash happened) and downloaded those 2 more for me.

Wow..pretty neat. I just tried using Libby on my iPhone with the same library selected as on the Clara..and I checked out new books and returned some books. Then I did a manual sync on the Clara and the books automatically updated with the correct books checked out and returned! Awesome..this makes managing books a bit easier on the Clara (in my opinion).
tops2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:02 PM   #36
TJB4916
TJB4916 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hey sorry I havent gotten back here until now.

Yes that is just me lifting the screen protector, just left it on as I'm not using it until things are sorted out.

This unit does not have any light bleed, my complaint is the uneven lighting or dark patches at the bottom. And yes your are correct, the bottom right corner is by far the worst.

I just wanted to know if you guys thought this was acceptable. Those of you that say you have perfect screens m, do you have these dark blotches? I knows it caused from the space on between the individual LEDs at the base of the unit. My main comparison is my old kobo glo, which has no bleeding or weird led issues at all.

I mean, yes, this is probbaly livable. I just found it weird that we would have this issue 9 years down the road from the kobo glo I have which has a perfect screen.

I just got an email back from kobo and they are going to send a replacement. My friend has a paperwhite that has no bleed or any screen imperfections of any sorts with leds on or off. Maybe this is caused by the LEDs being spread further apart or gapped amber,blue,amber blue etc.
TJB4916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #37
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
My clara hd does not have the dark blotches. And yes, it is caused by the space in between the individual LEDs.
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote