Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
mivetters
mivetters began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Import Data sees new empty folders as not empty

Using MacOS 10.15.2 & Calibre 4.5
When Importing All Data I selected a brand new folder to import to, Calibre says it is not empty but finder says it is. Tried this many times results always the same.
Previously using MacOS 10.15.1 and Calibre 4.0.0 this method worked fine.
Any suggestions?
mivetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hidden files maybe - 'shift+command+.' in Finder should to show them.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:21 PM   #3
mivetters

Tried that showed it nothing there.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open Terminal.app and run the following command

mkdir test-empty-folder

Now choose test-empty-folder in calibre and it should work fine.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
mivetters

I haven't been able to try this yet is this going to be an ongoing issue? I ask because I wanted to copy the library on my PC and sync it to my mac weekly by exporting and importing the data files.
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:48 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No idea, depends on why whatever procedure you are using to create empty folders is not actually creating empty folders.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:18 PM   #7
mjart
mjart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
I had the same problem, using mac mojave and a 3. something version of calibre, for some reason didn't like the names of the files. When I changed the name of the files everything started to work fine. It's a non-tech solution but it worked for me. Once I found a file name the laptop liked, I just use that name and change the date to correspond with day of back-up. I have had no problems since. So just play around with name of file.
mjart is offline   Reply With Quote