Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #106
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That would confuse modified and active. Since * is usually used for the modified indicator.
I forgot that (I do frequent saves, so it does not stay there very long).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:49 PM   #107
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The response you quote was in reference to an Apple OS question. Below is the answer he gave BetterRed about the scroll bar color.

So at some point he might program in a fix.
Thanks for pointing that out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:05 AM   #108
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The 'user_profile.png' icon as used for Authors in the Tag Browser is a bit hard to see in Dark Mode. It's a black silhouette of a head.
Thanks to another thread, I discovered this hidden gem

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-02 200137.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	176034

That said, Kovid has adjusted the default icon ==>> https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7ef048e0e19428

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #109
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Found a small color issue with dark mode in one of the Remove Book options.

When doing :
Remove Book> Remove Files of a Specific Format...
the window looks fine, dark background light text.

However, when doing:
Remove Book> All Formats From Selected Books Except...
the background is yellow with grey/white text, making it nearly impossible to read (though the icon still makes it usable).
It's not exactly a huge problem, but I thought I'd point it out so it can get worked on when there's time.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:20 AM   #110
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...c62bdec2c08fc8
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #111
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@kovid,

In the Editor with nightmode on I've noticed that if you have a few editor tabs open it's no longer very easy to see which is the current active tab because of the lack of contrast. Is there anything that can be done to improve this, or even something I can do myself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I committed code to make the font italic for the active tab which should help a bit.
Curious - why italic and not bold, like the File browser? I find I have to look for italic where as I can see bold.

There's a similar 'which one am I looking at' issue with the tabs in Preferences->Look and feel. The tabs across the top aren't too bad, but the tabs down the side of the Cover grid panel could do with some differentiation. See ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...50&postcount=5

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #112
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because bold causes the text to get cut off.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote