Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2024, 03:27 PM   #4021
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I'm always up for re-reading my favorite Mary Stewart books. My most favorite is Madam, Will You Talk - I adore both the setting and the story. But closely followed by My Brother Michael, The Moon-Spinners, and This Rough Magic. And many others of hers are worth re-reading too, but in my limited time, it's those that I re-read when in the mood....
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:32 PM   #4022
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm more familiar with Jennifer Ashley writing as Ashley Gardner - as the author of the Captain Lacey historical mystery series, which I quite like. And I know she writes a shifter series as Jennifer Ashley. But I didn't know she has written a few Regency romances, and now here's the first one for free at Kindle US and UK...

Duke in Search of a Duchess
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GK7Z8MZ
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GK7Z8MZ

Spoiler:
Quote:
The meticulous Duke of Ashford is dismayed when his children inform him they’ve asked the young widow next door to find him a new wife. Ash can’t think of a more appalling assistant than Helena Courtland, gossipy busybody he steadfastly avoids. But Helena sweeps into his home and his life before he can stop her, turning Ash’s precisely ordered world into a chaotic whirlwind, and stealing his heart.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:42 PM   #4023
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Madness when I actually have had a Wireless barcode terminal for nearly 25 years and wrote sold custom barcode database systems 25 years ago!
That old saw about the cobbler's children going barefoot comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
But I didn't know she has written a few Regency romances, and now here's the first one for free at Kindle US and UK...

Duke in Search of a Duchess
SWMBO insisted I pick this one up for her.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 04:32 PM   #4024
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I'm always up for re-reading my favorite Mary Stewart books. My most favorite is Madam, Will You Talk - I adore both the setting and the story. But closely followed by My Brother Michael, The Moon-Spinners, and This Rough Magic. And many others of hers are worth re-reading too, but in my limited time, it's those that I re-read when in the mood....
Hah! We have a totally different list of favorites! Mine are Wildfire at Midnight, Nine Coaches Waiting and The Ivy Tree. And the aforementioned Gabriel Hounds.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM   #4025
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Ivy Tree was the first I ever read. and because it was inspired by Bratt Farrar, it put me on to Josephine Tey, another author I’m fond of.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #4026
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Too funny

I like those too, of course, just not at the tippy-top of my Mary Stewart list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Hah! We have a totally different list of favorites! Mine are Wildfire at Midnight, Nine Coaches Waiting and The Ivy Tree. And the aforementioned Gabriel Hounds.
Now, as far as Georgette Heyer...

The Unknown Ajax (absolute favorite), The Grand Sophy, Beauvallet, The Talisman Ring, and of course, These Old Shades and Devil's Cub. But, as with Mary Stewart, I like almost all, except a very very few. Which reminds me, I haven't seen what used to be Sourcebook's annual "Georgette Heyer birthday sale" in a long time. I have most of Heyer's books in e-book now anyway, but just thinking about it made me realize I haven't seen that sale in several years ???