Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
BruceBerry
BruceBerry began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Priority between keep_only_tags and remove_tags

Hi,

I'm new to the recipe API and I'm trying to write a simple recipe. Suppose that I have an element i want to keep and I add it to keep_only_tags. However, the node is a descendant of some content i want to filter out, which I add to remove_tags. Will the node from keep_only_tags appear in the processed page, or will it be lost while filtering out its parent? I don't see it in the processed page, so I just want to make sure this is intended and I don't have a bug in the code.
BruceBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
First the keep only tags are extracted. Then the remove after and remove before tags are processed. Finally the remove tags are processed. So the content you want must first be contained with a keep only tag, and then not excluded via remove after/before and remove directives. The logic is in web/fetch/simple.py in case you want to look at it.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert