Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 02:49 PM   #1
foreverconfused
foreverconfused began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Color 633
Bigme Inknote Color Lite and pen replacement

So, I just ordered Bigme Inknote Color Lite. I am planning to use its pen to write regularly, so I would like to clarify a few points. If it helps, I will use a glass screen protector on my screen.
1. I get really conflicting information about the replacement of pen nibs. Do I need to replace them regularly or do they wear out after a really long time? I have owned a HP Synaptic Active pen which had a plastic nib which pretty much never wore out. Is this pen the same.
2. In their store, there are 2 pens: BIGME EMR Stylus Pen and Bigme Pen for the Galy and Inknote Color+. Should both of them be compatible with my device?
3. I have read that ANY EMR pen, including the ones I mentioned above should be compatible with this device. Also, these EMR pens do not use charge for writing and erasing. Is this true? If yes, it would be a big plus for me.

Thanks in advance
foreverconfused is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
EMR is a Wacom protocol. The power comes from the tablet by induction.

I've never had a Wacom tip wear out, nor needed screen protector on any of the eight devices that I've had that used a pen or stylus. Three used Wacom.

Screen protectors add glare/reflection and thus increase eye strain. Practically a scam.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Unread Today, 06:00 PM   #3
foreverconfused
foreverconfused began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Color 633
What i meant was that, they do not necessarily wear out like some soft material progressively with use, right? Bigme store said that 5 tips should last a year, which seems a little excessive?

And writing and erasing should NOT draw power from the battery and I can get by without using a battery? I don't care about its laser pointer.

The protector I am buying is supposed to be anti-glare. In any case, I'll be reading mostly indoors anyway. I just hate having unexplainable scratches on the screen.
foreverconfused is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigme, inknote, nibs, pen, replacement