LCY
LCY began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and Kindle
Epub from Calibre fails epub check in D2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
1 is a bug in epubcheck

2 and 3 are bugs in your source file

4 and 5 may be calibre bugs but its hard to say without looking at the files in question
Hi,

I recently published an ebook titled "Tame Migraine the Delicious Way" with KDP by submitting the epub file output by Calibre. The ebook looks fine, with all three levels of Table Of Contents (TOC) properly displayed, plus the text and over 100 images for the recipes.

The problem is that when I uploaded the epub file to D2D, it failed the epub check with hundreds of errors. Therefore I had to load a MS Word file to D2D and have it converted to an epub file by D2D. The result is that the TOC can only show 2 header levels and the links to the recipes are lost.

I would like to know how to fix this problem and make the Calibre epub file pass the epub check in D2D. Please shed some light on this issue. Thank you.
LCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...e-is-not-valid

Basically, you need to run epubcheck and fix whatever useless complaints it is making yourself using the calibre editor or Sigil.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #3
LCY
LCY began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and Kindle
Thank you for your reply. Well, I went the easier way of preparing a TOC manually in the WORD document by creating bookmarks and adding hyperlinks to the bookmarks. Then I loaded the WORD document to D2D. The epub created by D2D passes the epub check and the links to the recipes work up to the 99th recipe. I have submitted a question to D2D support about why the rest of links don't show in the ebook.
LCY is offline   Reply With Quote