Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
jenny clarkson
jenny clarkson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question epub check error help

Hello everyone,

I am new to eBook, I tried to validate my Word file with http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate, the ebook was made entirely using Word 2003, I have never zipped it, but received the following errors.

Can someone please help, or is there any book on epub error subjects? Thank you so much in advance!

THE Cooking Guide FOR SMASHWORDS.DOC IS NOT VALID OR CONTAINS WARNINGS!

1. ERROR: The Cooking Guide for Smashwords.doc: corrupted ZIP header

2. ERROR: The Cooking Guide for Smashwords.doc: I/O error: error in opening zip file

3. Check finished with warnings or errors!
Sorry, we are unable to assist with validation problems. Try posting to the MobileRead forums for help.

Best regards,

Jenny
jenny clarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Before you can validate an ePub you actually need to create an ePub. A Word document is not an ePub.

I suspect that you're working on something to be published through Smashwords. The only way to check that your Word document is correctly formatted for Smashwords is to sumbit it at Smashwords, and see what they generate.

Reading and following their instructions to the letter make it more likely that you'll get a good result.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert