Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 04:01 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Nook Glowlight 4, Apple iPad Pro 12.9"
Kindle Scribe and Send to Kindle for PDFs

I've been using Send to Kindle to send my PDFs to my Scribe because Send To Kindle converts the PDFs to a Print Replica KFX and lets me do a lot more things with the file than side-loading a PDF does.

But the problem I have with the Send to Kindle website is that it completely ignored all metadata in the PDF file. So, the file shows up on my Scribe with the filename as the book name.

Then I discovered that if you open a PDF using the Kindle app on my iPad, it asks me for the name of the book and the author, uploads it to Amazon and converts it to Print Replica PDF.

I thought I had a solution here. Then I learned that there is a 50 MB size limit to doing this method. If you want anything bigger than that, you need to use the Send to Kindle website and the book name becomes the filename.

I tried the Send To Kindle app for the Mac, and that converted the book to a KFX file, but not a print replica KFX. Instead, it made it a standard KFX and butchered it.

Is there some way to get a PDF that's greater than 50 MB PDF onto the Scribe as a print-replica KFX and give it some metadata?

I know I can I can pull the KFX off the Kindle, add metadata in Calibre and sideload it. But then the book is not in my cloud library.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:14 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You can set the Title and Author metadata for the print replica document using Send to Kindle Web, via sharing to Kindle App for iOS/Android, or the standalone Send To Kindle app for Windows or Mac. If you use email attachment there is no such option.

Web (e.g. amazon.com/sendtokindle) accepts up to 200MB, the others (I think) have 50MB. Email may have much less depending on the email service.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can set the Title and Author metadata for the print replica document using Send to Kindle Web, via sharing to Kindle App for iOS/Android, or the standalone Send To Kindle app for Windows or Mac. If you use email attachment there is no such option.

Web (e.g. amazon.com/sendtokindle) accepts up to 200MB, the others (I think) have 50MB. Email may have much less depending on the email service.
Well, here is the problem. My documents are bigger than 50 MB. So, I need to use the web site, which doesn't let me set a title and an author.
Old Today, 05:31 PM   #4
axu2
Connoisseur
axu2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
You can set the metadata in the website. Click the button next to file name.
axu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:48 PM   #5
apastuszak
Evangelist

Ok, now I feel like an idiot! Never thought to click on the little arrow on the left side. Thank You!
Advert
Old Today, 06:49 PM   #6
apastuszak
Evangelist

I wish there was a way to add a cover image using Send to Kindle for PDFs.