Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Calibre 5.0 Wireless Device Connection Crashing Calibre Companion

Just upgraded Calibre to v.5.0 and attempted to transfer an ePub to Calibre Companion (current version) on IOS via Wireless Device Connection. CC crashed on 3 separate occasions at the 1st stage before books already on device (CC) were ticked in Calibre. Have 'downgraded' to Calibre 4.23 - everything fine. Don't know whether the problem is with Calibre 5.0 or current CC but I'm staying with 4.23 for now.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by datostar View Post
Just upgraded Calibre to v.5.0 and attempted to transfer an ePub to Calibre Companion (current version) on IOS via Wireless Device Connection. CC crashed on 3 separate occasions at the 1st stage before books already on device (CC) were ticked in Calibre. Have 'downgraded' to Calibre 4.23 - everything fine. Don't know whether the problem is with Calibre 5.0 or current CC but I'm staying with 4.23 for now.
Hi datostar. The problem is in CC. Wireless device connection works fine in Calibre 5.0/5.1. OPDS server works too. I just updated my macbook and tested in KOReader.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #3
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
I suspected that might be the case. My iMac workaround was to rename the Calibre 5.1 App to calibre510 (which has also renamed the Launchpad icon) and re-install 4.23 as calibre.app with an alias on the desktop. Both versions work well and use the same library locations etc. I'm using 5.1 for all purposes other than wireless transfers to CC for which 4.23 still works OK, and will still have DeDRM available if I need it.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #4
AprilReign
AprilReign began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
CC Has not been working for me at all. I wondered if my change to a subscription standard would make all the difference. But books aren’t even showing up after selecting them and it’s been a nightmare to deal with it I even re-downloaded the app. I pray that there would be something else that could work with my calibre app. And I found it in KyBook3 it’s awesome. It found my calibre database like a breeze, and immediately downloaded the book I was struggling with in CC ( I actually struggled with all of them in CC) and I would have paid if I felt confident CC would work, but it would disconnect, and act buggy, so I never knew it buying a sub would fix the problems in CC. KyBook3 also has a reader and so far, I like it, no need to import into iBooks or pay for Marvin. My budget just got very tight so paying for things I don’t have to, or for things that don’t work, out importing them somewhere if I don’t have to, well I’m so pleased with finding KyBook3. So far so great.
AprilReign is offline   Reply With Quote