Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 02:44 PM   #1
Fitz Frobozz
Fitz Frobozz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Align text to top in columns

I'm struggling with CSS issue involving a parent div and a couple of child divs that I want aligned to the top. The document is ePub 3 and when done I intend to create an ePub 2 version for more device compatibility.

The CSS seems fine and both Caliber and Sigil render the content as expected (both container and children all align to top of page), but on my Kindle Scribe (and presumably on other Kindle readers) the second of the two child divs aligns to the bottom of the parent container instead.

Here's the CSS (the first applies to the parent container, the second to the child divs). Any suggestions?

Code:
.content-top {
  display: flex;
  grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr;
  align-content: flex-start;
  vertical-align: top;
  font-size:.85em;
}
.float-container {
  align-content: flex-start;
  align-self:start;
  vertical-align: top;
}
Would prefer to stick with a solution like this one if possible, but I'm open to alternatives, especially if something suggested has wider reader support.

Edit: Just noticed that this relevant to this thread. Not seeing any clear solutions there, however.

Last edited by Fitz Frobozz; Today at 02:49 PM.
Fitz Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Kindle doesn't honor the property "display: flex", so you can't use it in a .KFX ebook. And this other property you are employing "grid-template-columns" is for "grid layouts"; you can't use it with "display: flex" but with "display: grid".

Regarding a solution for your issue (it seems that you are looking for something that also works on Kindle), can you post an image of the desired output? Post that and I will be able to help you more.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert