Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Today, 01:26 PM   #1
Betonhaus
Betonhaus began at the beginning.

Device: Jellyfin Client
mass edit .epub books?

One of the places I got my ebooks from adds a footnote to each chapter, and the footnote is identical every time including the formatting, and is unique and not found anywhere else in the books. Is there a way to set a mass edit where I feed sigil a bunch of files and it goes through them all, finding and removing this specific string of text from all my books?

thanks.
Betonhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Not without using batch files to launch Sigil repeatedly as Sigil ones works on one epub at a time. Then you must use Sigil's Find and Replace to remove that footnote setting the target as All HTML files (or write your own custom plugin).

Calibre might be a better choice as it can run operations on all epubs in your library and their editor has the same find and replace capabilities as Sigil
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert