Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-23-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
drypen
drypen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can I change highlight or font color for a book in the library?

I don't see well so the white font with a light blue background is invisible to me. I don't really do the dark option well either. I am old (a great-grandmother actually) and usually I can figure stuff out on my own so this is frustrating. Making the font bold helps a bit but I would prefer to either make the highlight color darker or make the font black if possible.

EDIT: Cirtel's answer helped to narrow this down the most. It's not the highlighter color it's the white font. I changed the highlight color to a dark grey and was able to see the text clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2023-11-23_145302483.png
Views:	113
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	204871   Click image for larger version

Name:	cats.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	204896  

Last edited by drypen; 11-24-2023 at 02:01 PM.
drypen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:18 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Do you use Windows? Calibre takes the highlight color from the Windows accent color; you'll need to change that. Settings (Windows settings, not calibre settings) -> Personalization -> Colors -> Choose your accent color.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2023, 03:46 AM   #3
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Do you use Windows? Calibre takes the highlight color from the Windows accent color; you'll need to change that. Settings (Windows settings, not calibre settings) -> Personalization -> Colors -> Choose your accent color.
Yes, but it would be great to be able to manage the highlight color in Calibre in light mode, just like it is in dark mode.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 06:48 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Yes, but it would be great to be able to manage the highlight color in Calibre in light mode, just like it is in dark mode.
Because of QT there is no standard way for calibre to manage the color for selected books in either mode, there's a code workaround to overcome QT's deficiencies in Dark mode, see Kovid's post in ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=357273

You might be able to do something with the Jobspy plugin, there are settings in its configuration dialogue relating to book list row colors.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 06:52 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You might be able to do something with the Jobspy plugin, there are settings in its configuration dialogue relating to book list row colors.

BR
I already looked, no highlighting options there.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2023, 10:22 AM   #6
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
I already looked, no highlighting options there.
Correct.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM   #7
drypen
drypen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This helped narrow down my issue.

Thank you!

This was helpful and I immediatally saw it is the white font color that messed me up.

I'll keep trying to tweek Windows to see if there is any way to change highlighted text as far as the font goes.

Quote:
drypen is offline   Reply With Quote