Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-03-2024, 07:31 PM   #1
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast
nightmodeguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One
kobo not showing up in calibre

I have an original kobo aura one running just fine, although since the last time some months ago I used calibre the program no longer shows my e-reader.

When I opened up the program several days ago, and asked be to update and I did.

thanks for any help
nightmodeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 07:36 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Does your Kobo show up on your computer?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2024, 07:48 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Have you followed what you tried last time this happened? See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=354009
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 03:28 PM   #4
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast

my kobo shows up on my computer, and I do click connect on the kobo screen. But the devices not show up on calibre

Before this happened, I opened up calibre, and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the next version. I did so, and am now wondering if that's why my device is not shown.

I've tried in vain to find the new version number. Maybe I need to see if I can find and install the old version.
Old 09-11-2024, 09:04 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: ignored devices
Don't worry if the icon is not there. That means there are 0
OTOH you may have devices you have 'ignored' on purpose (i DON'T PUT BOOKS ON MY PHONE). But if your Kobo accidentally got listed there, you can fix that
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM   #6
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast

when I first started troubleshooting, I went into the forgotten devices, but it doesn't look as if any devices were forgotten.

I haven't used calibre for a while, but the last time I did use it the kobo showed up normally. Isn't it possible that the update or upgrade to the new version may have broken something?

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does your Aura 1 ever ask to connect?

FWIW Both my Aura 2 and Libra 2 have no problem connecting.
7.17.101 (the beta version of 18)
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #8
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast

one of the first things I did in troubleshooting was check ignored devices. There appear to be no ignored devices.

My aura is the original aura one.

I do see the connect button, and I do successfully connect, but that does not bring up my device in the program.

I wish there was a dark mode for calibre

thanks
Old Today, 08:47 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmodeguy View Post
one of the first things I did in troubleshooting was check ignored devices. There appear to be no ignored devices.

I do see the connect button, and I do successfully connect, but that does not bring up my device in the program.

thanks
One thing to try is to install the portable version of calibre and don't configure any of the options. Just run it and then connect your Kobo tot he USB port. If it sees your Kobo, copy the setting from the install calibre to the portable calibre's settings directory and see if your Kobo is still seen. That way you'll know if it's something in the settings or not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:

thanks
7.18 does
Preferences:Look and Feel:User Interface Colors: Adjust colors(button): <the top line>
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

thanks
Does the Kobo show up in Windows File Explorer as a removable drive??
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If it does, then try my suggestion to install the portable calibre and such as I suggested.
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The drive may be corrupted. Windows Disk tool may be able to repair it
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The drive may be corrupted. Windows Disk tool may be able to repair it
But only if it shows up as a drive.
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

If the drive is corrupted a popup should appear in the system tray offering to run disk fix

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk