Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
neumaticpoetic
neumaticpoetic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
EPUB to DOCX Missing Text

Hi,

I wanted to highlight a problem that i have had recently with conversion from EPUB to DOCX. I noticed that the output docx file is randomly missing text when comparing it against the original EPUB.

I recently updated to Calibre 2.62.0 and have not noticed this problem previously but to be honest i might not of noticed this problem in previous versions.

This is a huge problem for me as it means i now have to proof read and review a huge amount of work.

I should add that i am using Windows version of Calibre.
When doing conversion i leave all options at default apart from checking box to output to A4, and checking box to not generate table of contents, and not generate front cover.

I am not sure if it makes any difference but the epubs Iam converting or at least the two i can confirm as definitely a problem is 18mb.

Another question am i taking the correct approach with trying to convert to docx should i be using a different input? I want to have the most reliable means of converting into a word file.

Any help and advice much appreciated.
neumaticpoetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
neumaticpoetic
neumaticpoetic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I get this information for you for input and output file can i email or message these to you directly?

Thanks
neumaticpoetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neumaticpoetic View Post
I get this information for you for input and output file can i email or message these to you directly?

Thanks
If you report the problem at Bugs : calibre, with attachments, you can mark it Private.

You can also convert EPUB's to DOCX using this Word Addin e-Book Tools - a Word add-in. I rarely convert EPUB to DOCX but when I do I use this tool for reasons I have forgotten; I have the addin installed primarily for its other features.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote