Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:25 AM   #1
qqqqqqqqqqqz
qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW
Question How to block OTA updates on 5.16.9?

I have a Kindle 11th gen unjailbroken device which is on 5.16.9. How do I block OTA updates while I wait for a jailbreak to be released?
qqqqqqqqqqqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #2
SorKolapso
SorKolapso has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SorKolapso has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SorKolapso has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SorKolapso has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SorKolapso has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Best way to do it is making sure to keep your device in airplane mode.
SorKolapso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #3
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
You could try blocking access to the various domains Amazon uses to push updates, as explained here. I cannot confirm whether this covers all domains for all Amazon markets; for this reason I’m personally a bit wary to try it, but it is the simplest if you want to keep your device online.

Besides leaving your device in flight mode, another foolproof method is to fill your device with data so that only a few dozens megabytes are left, i.e. too small to store any update file. I had some success with this method, but in the end I gave up due to frequent and annoying reminders that my device is full, and also because restarting the device did delete all the files; but your mileage may vary.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote