Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 02:23 AM   #1
Denodan1
Connoisseur
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
My Clara think it's clearer than paperwhite

Think my Clara is better and clearer than my paperwhite 11th Gen. Cannot get lighting exact though. Seems it's upside down, so as is paperwhite left, Clara right. Sorry it got posted twice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240728_181030.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	694.7 KB
ID:	209785  

Last edited by Denodan1; Today at 02:31 AM.
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Personally, I prefer the look of the one with a slightly darker background, but whether that's your paperwhite or your Clara, I don't know.

Font choice is probably making more of a difference than the screens.

Either of them looks better than a cheap paperback page IMO
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #3
Denodan1
Connoisseur
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
The slightly darker is the paperwhite. Does not matter what font I use the Clara feel still comes out clearer, I feel Have repeated the same results in any fonts I choose. Have repeated this time and time again, same results. I personally think its due to the colour e readers have a slightly darker background.

It maybe also, like comparing say a 25 inch tv to say a 40", the 25" is sharper as image scale is reduced and looks sharper. The 40" spreads out the light and image scale is larger and more spread out

Last edited by Denodan1; Today at 05:06 AM.
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
The slightly darker is the paperwhite. Does not matter what font I use the Clara feel still comes out clearer, I feel Have repeated the same results in any fonts I choose. Have repeated this time and time again, same results. I personally think its due to the colour e readers have a slightly darker background.

It maybe also, like comparing say a 25 inch tv to say a 40", the 25" is sharper as image scale is reduced and looks sharper. The 40" spreads out the light and image scale is larger and more spread out
When I compare displays, I find it is nice to eliminate as many variables as possible: same page, same font, same font size, same line spacing, ...

IMO
John F is offline   Reply With Quote