Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-28-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Calibre2opds: Custom Catalogs: How can I point to a custom column?

Regarding the front page (index) produced by Calibre2opds:

I'd like to add an entry that will take me to those books I have categorised under a CUSTOM COLUMN in Calibre.

(In this case, I have organised my books by priority, so the column is called 'Priority'. Then I use:
r1, r2, r3 etc for books to consider for reading
c1, c2, c3 for books to check out before possibly reading fully)

I have read this regarding the Custom Catalogs Tab, but the only easy way I can see to do it there is to save a search (eg. search "r1" to make a saved search). That syntax is avab.

Is there another way I can do this more directly?

i.e Create a custom catalogue based on my custom column?

Last edited by LivresInOz; 03-28-2021 at 07:49 PM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:59 PM   #2
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Also I seem to have run into a problem trying to used save search as well

I used this syntax:

saved:c1

Where c1 is the name of the saved search

When I click on the catalog entry in the index page, nothing happens.
Advert
Old 03-29-2021, 03:10 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Custom columns are not supported in the Search syntax.

It was something that was on the roadmap to consider that has never materialised.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:12 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenji View Post
Also I seem to have run into a problem trying to used save search as well

I used this syntax:

saved:c1

Where c1 is the name of the saved search

When I click on the catalog entry in the index page, nothing happens.
This implies that the saved search did not find any entries. Could be related to you trying a custom column in the search?
Old 03-30-2021, 11:32 PM   #5
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

Hmmm ok I will try it with a different search term
Advert
Old 03-30-2021, 11:45 PM   #6
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

Im pretty sure Im using the right syntax, because when I used the exact same syntax, but a nonsense search name, it said it wasn't found.

But then I click on the link it comes up with only this in the address bar:
saved:under
and an empty page

My syntax is:
Saved:under

For a search with the word 'under' in it, finding 'underground economist' and one other book.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:20 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard

What is the exact content of the saved search at the Calibre level? It has to conform to the syntax mentioned where it specifies the field to be searched and the field has to be one of those supported. You make it sound as if the search is trying to look at the title or Comments field at the Calibre level which are not supported fields.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #8
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

This shows everything that happened (tested several times with different search terms)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vg2...ew?usp=sharing

Tags
calibre2opds, custom columns