Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 08:09 PM   #1
foosion
Addict
foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
How to center at bottom of screen?

I'd like to center a small picture and some text at the bottom of the screen. I can easily achieve bottom

Code:
div.fixed {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: 0;
}
but can't figure out how to center, other than guessing and playing with right and left (I don't know the size of the screen).

What's the best way?
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:35 PM   #2
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I know you're talking about an image, but I've used:
Code:
text-align: center;
and it centers images fine. Does it do what you need in your case?
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:29 PM   #3
foosion
Addict
foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.foosion can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I know you're talking about an image, but I've used:
Code:
and it centers images fine. Does it do what you need in your case?
That works fine normally, but hasn't worked for me together with position: fixed.

Code:
div.fixed {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: 0;
}
places things at the bottom but does not center. Text-align:center does work for both img and text, but it's the combination with fixed that's the issue.

EDIT: I can fake it with multiple fixed tags, the bottom line at 0, the next up at 1.2em, the next up at 2.4em, etc. I'm not sure if this is robust. Perhaps a table?

Last edited by foosion; Today at 09:50 PM.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:16 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
So, I've given a few examples on how to vertically center the text on the page (search the MR threads for a more in-depth discussion). Such techniques work fine and follow the ePub2 rules, but you may have issues with a particular brand of device (ePub on Kobo rings a bell). You can easily modify that technique to put it at the bottom using vertical-align:bottom.

If you are working on an ePub3 book, then it may be a little more elegant to use display:flex rather than the display:table technique.

Code:
CSS:
  div.v-btm     {height:100vh; width:100vw; display:table; position:fixed;
                 padding:0; margin:0; text-indent:0}
  div.v-btm div {display:table-cell; vertical-align:bottom}
  div.v-btm .ctr{text-align:center}

HTML:
<body>
<div class="v-btm">
  <div>
    <p>Text at the bottom of the page.</p>
    <p class="ctr">Text at the bottom of the page and centered.</p>