Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-27-2024, 06:26 PM   #1
kittenmittens
kittenmittens began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
Question Kobo Elipsa screen dip/curve?

Hello! This is my second post in the last week - I'm sorry in advance!

I grabbed an elipsa 2e for reading at home/reading documents/pdfs (I'm in love with the libra for reading on my commute and when I'm not at home so I took the plunge). When it arrived, it made me nervous when I took it out of the box because it kept feeling like - there was a curve to the screen, or a dip (I know e-reader screens are fragile) and I was scared to put any pressure there (but it's the exact place one might hold it...). Anyway, I thought I was imagining it. Today, I ended up putting a pen across it to put my mind at ease, but was surprised that...it DOES have a curve. Just wanted to double check and make sure this was normal before the return/exchange period ends. :<

There is no damage to the screen and I like the device/am not frothing at the mouth to return it - I don't usually care about things being "perfect". I'm just worried if that dip isn't supposed to be there that I will eventually damage the screen by holding it at an already weakened point. I'm hoping to keep it for as long as possible before it gives up the ghost because of the price, you know?

Photo 1 is of the pen on the flat part, and photo 2 is the pen on the part that seems to dip. Is the curve an intentional ergonomics thing, maybe...(fingers crossed)?

Thank you for literally any answers/comparisons! I know I'm being neurotic. :')
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	209214   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	978.5 KB
ID:	209215  
kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #2
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Pixel-Tablet Pocketbook-743 Sony-DPT-S1
that seems a bit odd to me and I don't recall any such thing on my original elipsa with a similar sized screen. Part of me worries that somehow the battery has swollen, causing this. I would exchange it if it's an option or at least contact their customer support
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert