Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-05-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Enabling top status bar?

I've searched for a crazy long amount of time, and googled it multiple times, but cannot figure this one out... I have been playing with KOReader on my Linux box, evaluating whether I want to install it on my Kobo or not. I'm currently running the 2020.09 build, but had the same question in 2002.04

I have one book where I've somehow managed to enable the top status bar. It has the author, and book title on the left, and the page of pages and battery indicator on the right. Below those is a very thin progress bar with chapter indicators. I really like it as it lets me make my bottom bar more useful without being cluttered, and makes for more symmetric margins.

Anyhow, that's great and all, but it only shows up in one book... and in every other book I cannot figure out how to get it to display. I have SEARCHED and searched... been through every menu and every setting a dozen times over and cannot find it! HELP!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
It is called "Alt status bar". Works for CRE documents only.

See attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ex.png
Views:	323
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	182481  
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The "top status bar" is a function of the Coolreader (cr3) engine that is the software that KOReader uses to display a number of ebook formats, it uses a different program for PDF. The developer's code controls and displays the results of these programs, as well as many added features. They provided a means to turn that feature on using a bottom far right (Gear) Icon option as the "Full" progress bar option. (A long press will let you set it as the default.)

Luck;
Ken

Ninga pazos provided a better explanation, with the more current release's options.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-05-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
That was it! Thank you! I was so focused on the top menus that I didn't pay as much attention on the bottom dialogs!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote