Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
Mitebsyco
Mitebsyco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Best reader for reading epubs and articles like on instapaper?

I have a Kindle Fire HDX and I was using the send to kindle plugin that sends articles to the document folder on my kindle for later viewing. It drove me bonkers after a short time after I realized there was no way to set the viewing order of the documents and non-kindle books stored in the document folder so it was just constant scrolling to find anything.

I want something that reads epubs, works with calibre wireless, and I can send articles from my phone or computer to read later.
I'm done with kindle for various reasons.
I've also dealt with kobo support and it wasn't great, so that's not an option.
I'd like to find a reader that doesn't try to lock you into only their stuff like kindle does.

I'd like to find something with physical page turn buttons, but that isn't a must and doesn't seem to be very easy to find as I read in another thread.

Currently, I'm using moon reader and instapaper on my kindle fire and on my phone but I need something else for strictly reading so I don't keep draining my batteries. Also, everything in a single place would make things a whole lot easier.

Any ideas?
Mitebsyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Ipad, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus. Any of the above or a laptop.
As far as an ereader goes, probably none.
Oh wait, you said epubs. You might try an Onyx. Let me link you to their forum.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=220

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 07-09-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #3
JazzyJeff
Enthusiast
JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
You might want to try an inkBOOK Obsidian. It seems to have some decent reviews. That is the one I am considering.
JazzyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote