Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Today, 05:08 AM   #1
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
'Button rotation patch' makes KoReader crash

Does anyone use KoReader with the 2-disable-hw-button-rotation.lua patch?

Since updating to version my Leaf 2 to 3.5.3 (7f5c78ff3), I've been experiencing crashes whenever I apply the patch and then press the volume up or down button, or swipe to go back.

I tried various versions of KoReader, but it might be a ROM issue, not a KoReader problem. I also tried factory resetting the device.
I expect it to be the case for other Onyx or Android devices too.

Interesting lines in crash.log
Code:
07-25 17:13:57.213 V/dlopen  ( 2818): sys_dlopen - loading library /data/user/0/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/ssl.so (in local namespace)
07-25 17:13:57.214 W/linker  ( 2818): Warning: "/data/user/0/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/ssl.so" unused DT entry: DT_RPATH (type 0xf arg 0x129b) (ignoring)
07-25 17:13:57.354 I/KOReader( 2818): Loading plugins from directory: /storage/emulated/0/koreader/plugins/
07-25 17:13:58.613 E/NativeThread( 2818): Failed to run script: frontend/device/input.lua:704: attempt to index field 'rotation_map' (a nil value)
Interesting lines in pidcat.log
Code:
Unable to open libbeluga.so: dlopen failed: library "libbeluga.so" not found.'
Full logs:
Github: Koreader page turn buttons do not switch with rotation
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:26 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I know nothing about KOReader or Lua.
Does the KOReader.apk have any libs in it?
Or does it presume your device is "Lua-ready"?
The easiest would be to add the libbeluga.so (I presume some pun on "Lua") to the KOReader.apk.
Of, course, if this is the only thing that uses Lua maybe it would be more useful to just patch the code that it doesn't need a foreign language to rotate the screen.
Unless KOReader is all Lua???
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:08 PM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I still don't have a clue what libbeluga is.
It appears that it is an optional lib used/not used by libandroid_runtime.so
So it's not like it's not finding a required lib.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android 11, koreader, onyx