Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2024, 06:21 PM   #1
Ciantic
Ciantic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara BW
Configuring Nickel touch areas during reading

I'm new to Kobo devices, I knew going in that I don't like touch screens while reading, but here we are I'd like to be able to hold the device more firmly without it accidentally doing things.

I'm now wondering if there are any hacks, or is it even doable with scripts, to control these:

1. I would like to experiment with enabling touch only on the top or bottom part of the screen (not on the whole screen).

2. Highlighting a word should be disabled

This way only the touch area would be at the top or bottom.

I guess my only option is koreader if Nickel can't be modified like this.

Any ideas are welcome!
Ciantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 07:12 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yes, you could edit Nickel to do this, but there are no existing patches for it, since most people don't want to do anything like this. You'll probably have to use KOReader.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert