Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2024, 09:51 AM   #1
emmur0
emmur0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Inkpalm 5 pro
File Hierarchy on Computer

Recently I've noticed when plugging my Libra 2 into a Mac to manage files the structure appears differently than what I was used to previously. This change appears to coincide with using the oneclick install of KOReader. I used to be able to view the root and other folders but now the file manager puts me into a folder where the epub files are held with no option to go up a folder to the previous folders.

I'm wondering how to get back to my previous layout.

This all stemmed from trying to add a dictionary file to the KOReader apps/dict folder that I all of a sudden cannot find. I feel like I'm losing it.
emmur0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:51 PM   #2
emmur0

This has been solved. Carry on.
Advert
Old 06-13-2024, 04:39 AM   #3
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How did you solve it?
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 10:02 AM   #4
emmur0

Rookie mistake, I assumed “show hidden files” was enabled. It was not. Enabling solved my issue.

Next step is to remove all the kepub from my device and add corresponding epub to ensure KOReader syncs between devices.
Old 06-14-2024, 01:41 AM   #5
Calvinharris
Calvinharris began at the beginning.

Device: none
It seems the KOReader installation may have altered your Libra 2's file structure on your Mac. To restore the previous layout, try the following: In Finder, press Cmd + Shift + . to reveal hidden files. This might display the missing folders. You can also use Terminal by typing cd /Volumes/YourLibra2Name to access the root directory. Enabling the path bar in Finder via View > Show Path Bar can also help you navigate. If these steps don’t work, safely eject and remount the device. KOReader might store files in directories like apps, koreader, or dict. If the issue persists, reinstall KOReader or consult its documentation and community forums for further assistance.
Calvinharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert