Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Wink Hard box for Max2, very hard

Hello,

The situation : my Max2 in my backpack as every day but with some more things as usual. I'm walking fast ... the backpack opens himself and the Max2 fall The first picture is clear. The dust enter in the Max2, the motherboard moves

How to repair the Max2 ? As usual : "Booxtor ". Thanks to https://ereader.store/en/ for the rescue

Now, what to do ?

I have an other contrainst, I must travel with my Max2 and take it with me in motorbike The small sleeve can't do the job.

I've try to use a 3D printer, but the Max2's size is very big.
A simple box with a sheet of steel ? Yes, easy to found someone to make it. But before to pass the order and pay, a remark is done on the box'sweight. Only 2.8 kg Forget it !
Replace the sheet of steel by a sheet of alumunium. Yes, but impossible to find someone able to weld the aluminium

The solution was : https://www.pr-zinc.fr/ . I've now a box in zinc You could look at the pictures. The front face and rear face are reinforced with a thin sheet of aluminium. The weight is 1.8 kg. It could be a problem, but a very small problem than a drop for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onyx_Max2_Frame_Broken1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	178231   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03577.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	178232   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03578.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	178233   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03579.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	178234   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03580.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	178235   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03581.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	178236   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03582.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	178237  
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
Hi Randy11.
I don't know if you had already read my post but I'll put the link.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=328

I built a case for my Max2. It is very light, very protective, it costs around € 3 for the material and for over 3 years it has done its job very well.

P.S :: I also carry my Max2 in my bike in the backpack!
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #3
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
I also a built a case for my original Max, incorporating the felt sleeve it came with. Quite solid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Case A.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	178253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Case B.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	178254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Case C.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	178255  
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I also a built a case for my original Max, incorporating the felt sleeve it came with. Quite solid.
I never make this type of job whit some wood. It's a nice job, I like it. The problem is to carry it in motorbike, in a topcase. With in the same topcase all things (not very clean) or very hard. It's not a gentle place. My other idea was to have something that can resist to a small rain, because I can't wait to open my topcase that the rain stops. This box is for some very rough conditions.

I as said, it's a very hard case.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:26 AM   #5
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Interesting challenge... Does the tablet need to be usable while in the case? Or do you remove it form the case before using?
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
EPW
EPW began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
How about a Pelican 1085, or something along those lines?

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/produc...u=1080-020-110

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:16 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Interesting challenge... Does the tablet need to be usable while in the case? Or do you remove it form the case before using?
Hello,

I only remove the cover, which I can put under the base, so only one thing in the hands in all conditions. If I must stop to read or write, I put the cover in place, thats all.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:29 AM   #8
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPW View Post
How about a Pelican 1085, or something along those lines?

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/produc...u=1080-020-110
Hello,

I was looking for something like this first without success.
But the exterior Pelican’s dimensions are bigger than my box for ’LxWxD’ :
I can have in my backpack, in the same time without trouble, my computer and my Max2.

Last edited by Randy11; 05-13-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:52 PM   #9
EPW

Brilliant.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:33 AM   #10
EPW

For people who are also looking for a hard case, I'd also consider a clipboard that is part of a travel office case. They are common with field sales people and on construction sites and other mobile-office friendly jobs. They can be metal and plastic, and ten seconds with a drill can eliminate the clip (which is often held on with a few rivets).

Old 05-18-2020, 03:39 AM   #11
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPW View Post
For people who are also looking for a hard case, I'd also consider a clipboard that is part of a travel office case. They are common with field sales people and on construction sites and other mobile-office friendly jobs. They can be metal and plastic, and ten seconds with a drill can eliminate the clip (which is often held on with a few rivets).

Hello,

Please, some pictures or links maybe …
Old 05-18-2020, 09:06 AM   #12
EPW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hello,

Please, some pictures or links maybe …
These should give you a good starting place and get your creative juices flowing. There are hundreds of them. A bit of foam and some imagination should do the trick nicely.

Similar items are available on AliExpress, Wayfair, and lots of other vendors.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Summit-S...%2C153&sr=8-25

https://www.amazon.com/1InTheOffice-...%2C153&sr=8-30

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Clip...%2C153&sr=8-38
Old 05-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #13
Randy11
Wizard

I never seen this. Yes, a good solution if the good size could be found for a device like the Max2. It could be useful to take the time to search.