Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 09-16-2024, 01:48 AM   #1
ashu54
ashu54 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Help: How to run jobs in calibre-server

Hi, I had set up a headless calibre-server by creating a service by nssm. The content server runs fine, but I can't seem to be able to run any jobs (for downloading or deleting daily newspapers) unless I start the app manually.

Is there a way to configure the jobs such that it runs on a schedule without needing to open the app manually?
ashu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 02:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What jobs? The content server has no jobs. Automatic news download is a feature of the main calibre GUI not the content server. You need to use the command line tools ebook-convert and calibredb to create scripts that interface with the convtent server to do other jobs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert