Notices

Old 12-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
Paengelanton
Paengelanton began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine
Can't import epub

Hello,

I changed my PC. That was a mistake....

I installed ADE 4.5 and authorized it with my adobe key. When I import a epub via an ascm-file the book is in ADE visible and I can read it with the adobe ebook reader. Everything ok.
Then I try to import this book into calibre. The book appears in the libary but without an image of the front page. When i try to open it a message come that the book is DRM protected. But I can read it with adobe!
I tried older versions of ADE (2.01 or 3.0) - no success.

Has anyone an idea what to do or which mistake I made? On my former PC everything worked correct.

Thank you

Frank
Paengelanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paengelanton View Post
Hello,

I installed ADE 4.5 and authorized it with my adobe key. When I import a epub via an ascm-file the book is in ADE visible and I can read it with the adobe ebook reader. Everything ok.
Then I try to import this book into calibre. The book appears in the libary but without an image of the front page. When i try to open it a message come that the book is DRM protected. But I can read it with adobe!

Has anyone an idea what to do or which mistake I made? On my former PC everything worked correct.

Thank you

Frank
You need Apprentice Alf's (we can't provide help with removal. Googlr is your friend) help to remove the DRM from the copy in the Adobe Library.
(ASCM is the token that just lets you download YOUR copy)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
Paengelanton
Paengelanton began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You need Apprentice Alf's (we can't provide help with removal. Googlr is your friend) help to remove the DRM from the copy in the Adobe Library.
(ASCM is the token that just lets you download YOUR copy)
Hi,

thanks for your quick answer.

The ebook must be visible (and readable ) on my PC, when then ADE license ist valid. At least the cover must be shown in calibre. With the old PC I was able to read the books.
I installed DeDRM but with this tool I had the same problems.

In the debug mode I get this messages when I want to add a licened book:

stdout+stderr from file dialog helper: ['', '']
piped data from file dialog helper: ['\xd2\xf07]{hlA\xa3\xa4+7\xb1\xe5\r\x18\xfb\x94\xeb\x12\x07\x a5\xd7<_\xe5\xe5\x16\xee\xf2\x17\x07', 'C:\\Users\\mail\\Documents\\My Digital Editions\\Von Mafiosi und Trickbetr\xc3\xbcgern.epub']
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:60 1: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:60 1: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

Added Von Mafiosi und Trickbetrügern to db in: 0.1
Added 1 books in 0.6 seconds
Paengelanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
AGAIN
We can't answer here. MR rules. Ask at Alf's

The book needs to be imported AFTER the PI is working
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paengelanton View Post
Hello,

Thank you

Frank
For future reference, one mistake you might of made was to not look at calibre's FAQ before moving stuff to your new PC, there you will find ==>> How do I move my calibre data from one computer to another?

Quote:
You can export all calibre data (books, settings and plugins) and then import it on another computer.
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert