Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Saioko
Saioko began at the beginning.

Device: Digma s602
Stupid Linux installation problem

I have Ubuntu 11.04 and I run into a problem. I have installed Calibre from binary package, using command given on Calibre site with default path. I checked and it is in /opt/calibre.

But there is no /src folder there, only /bin, /lib and /resources, and a bunch of files. I didn't pay any attention to it, until I tried to install patch to "/opt/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/fb2/" and couldn't find that folder. The closest one I found is "/opt/calibre/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/fb2/" and even then patch references *.py files and files in that folder are *.pyo. Of course, patch doesn't work.

Sorry for the stupid question, but what am I doing wrong?
Saioko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Saioko
Saioko began at the beginning.

Device: Digma s602
I am really sorry.
I saw words "Linux development environment" and went straight to that part. And I thought Bazaar was needed only for those who made changes and uploaded them to launchpad.
Saioko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont worry about it, some things are easy to overlook, especially when the reader's assumptions dont match the assumptions of the documentation writer

You dont have to use bzr to get the source code if you dont want to, its just a convenient way.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 04-30-2013 at 02:31 PM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote