Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 01:30 PM   #1
Strawboss
Strawboss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo/ Kindle Paperwhite
My reader has connection issues.

Hello to all, my kobo glo was my first e reader but may have felt slighted when I got a Kindle a few months ago, since it was ignored for a few months.

Recently I went to read a book on it and found the wifi wasn't working so I started to attempt a fix.

Turns out it wasn't just the wifi but the usb connection as well so the first thing done was to try different usa-a cords with no result, then cleaned the device's usb jack again no result so I took the cover off looking for a bad solder joint, but all looked normal.

The error message is"usb not recognised" while using the cable connection on my desktop using windows 11.
The wifi will seem to hook up Ok but I'll get the error message on my Glow "problem with network connection " when I attempt to use it.

I updated the kobo glo software to vers 4.382303.8 and it seems fine after with a slight change in format like my sleeping page had changed and I think it changed my Adobe digital rights management.I forget what that was all about, I don't think it applies to my root problem though.

I'm thinking it may be a bad usb jack in the reader, but changing it looks like a
job with more downsides than up, so was hoping someone here had a similar issue.

Edited to add : the accounts page on my reader states that I am signed in,weird that I was able to sign in but do nothing else with my network connection, right?

Last edited by Strawboss; Today at 01:35 PM.
Strawboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #2
Strawboss

I forgot to add, the usb connection will charge the battery.....
Advert
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #3
Strawboss

Shazaam!! I may have been too impatient with my reader for now it's downloading 5 books, maybe more.
I may be back to where I was this morning, where many books weren't available for some reason but at least the wifi is up....
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #4
Strawboss

The other (27) books listed in my reader that were available by downloading, but weren't this morning are now available and loading zippy-quick!

Looks like the update I did a couple of hours ago was well worth it.

Saved another e reader from hitting the 'recycle bin'....
Time for the dance of joy.....