Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old Today, 05:16 PM   #1
Solarmama
Solarmama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Viewer doesn't load old files?

I wanted to use the Calibre Viewer to look at files I added to my library a while ago (says 2017). When I click on the book file to load it, the viewer window comes up as expected, but remains blank with 0% loaded in the bottom. It seems to happen with files I built in Word, then imported to my library as EPUB; files I loaded directly as MOBI open just fine.

FWIW, the program does load the file onto my Kindle correctly; it just doesn't show up in the Viewer.

I'm running Windows 10 Home, and just upgraded Calibre to 7.15.0.

Hope someone can help!
Solarmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre viewer does not do Word (doc) files.
If your PC has a app that can view Word files.
Preferences: Behavior: Use internal viewer for: REMOVE the TICK from those files you want the OS to support.

FWIW MS has a free WORD viewer app for Windows, you can download
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:33 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you missed where the files were converted from doc to epub

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:50 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarmama View Post
I wanted to use the Calibre Viewer to look at files I added to my library a while ago (says 2017). When I click on the book file to load it, the viewer window comes up as expected, but remains blank with 0% loaded in the bottom.

It seems to happen with files I built in Word, then imported to my library as EPUB; files I loaded directly as MOBI open just fine.
. . .
  1. Do you still have the Word files?
  2. What format are/were the files you built using Word?
    Prior to Word 2007 the default was .DOC, since then it's been .DOCX?
  3. How did you convert the Word files to EPUB in 2017?
If they were .DOCX and you still have them the simplest thing to do would be to convert them to EPUB using calibre.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:08 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think you missed where the files were converted from doc to epub

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
I wonder if the viewer is ignoring EPUB (no tick)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert